Cardinal Newman students are challenged to fully achieve in all aspects of school life and fully develop their intellectual abilities and their individual gifts and talents.
- Good exam grades
- Winning a cup
- Improving your time in a sport
- Excellent piece of homework
- Piece of art
As a Catholic community recognised by our love of God and of our neighbour we are proud of the tremendous service our students provide both in school and in the wider community.
- Taking part in an act of worship
- Helping another student
- Helping out on Open evening
- Raising money for charity
- Giving your time to help in school
Cardinal Newman Students are called to live lives with the God-given peace that our creator desires for us. We are all called to live simply. Our School is built on justice, where everything and everyone in God’s creation is in the right relationship with each other and can reach their God-given potential.
- Part of the Peace and Justice group
- Helping someone who is having a difficult time
- Solving a conflict between friends
- Speaking out about something that is wrong
At Cardinal Newman School we believe that Integrity is one of the most important life skills because it is composed of many other powerful life skills — patience, honesty, responsibility, dependability, accountability, and caring.
- Mentoring another student
- Doing the right thing
- Telling the truth
- Helping others in our school community
Students are encouraged to show respect to our school environment, themselves, their elders and peers in our school community, local area and the global community.
- Picking up litter
- Holding the door open for others
- Good manners
- Treating others as you would like to be treated
We challenge and inspire our young people to achieve great things through hard work. Supporting them as they develop self-confidence and ability and aim to do their best and be the best people they can be.
- Good effort in a piece of work
- Never giving up on a difficult activity
- Giving of your best in all that you do
- Answering questions in class
- Giving a presentation in class