Meet the department –
Head of Department: P CHAPMAN - firstname.lastname@example.org
H. HUSSAIN - Hajra.Hussain@cncs.school
L. AGAR - Lyn.AGAR@cncs.school
L. FOULGER - Louise.Foulger@cncs.school
Link Leadership Team: Sam McDonnell (Asst.Headteacher) - Sam.McDonnell@cncs.school
We aim to make all homework electronic where possible. Students who do not have access to computer at home can always come to the ICT department after school or attend the homework club in the library to complete their homework.
Key Stage 3 – this is set by the class teacher once a fortnight and will take place via Educake and Seneca predominantly. Notification for the homework will be set on Classcharts, students must check their Classcharts to see if they have been set homework. Homework should last for 1 hour a fortnight and will match the schedule set by the school.
Key Stage 4 - this is set by the class teacher once a fortnight and will take place via Educake and Seneca predominantly. Notification for the homework will be set on Classcharts, students need check their Classcharts to see if they have been set homework. Homework should last for 1 hour 30 mins a fortnight and will match the schedule set by the school.
Key Stage 5 – again this is set by the class teacher(s) and will equate to 5 hours per week. This will be a range of tasks including completing past exam questions and preparation for course work units.
Equipment and Resources –
Recommended Revision Resources
Year 11 – GCSE Computer science
Year 11- OCR Creative iMedia
Sixth Form OCR Cambridge Technicals Level 3 ICT
Department Praise & Recognition
Aspire points will be issued in class in accordance to the school policy and these will be recorded on Class chart. Students are rewarded for the following things
- Outstanding classwork
- Reached/exceeded target grade
- Effort beyond expectation
- Supported teacher with resources
- Perseverance in a task
- Act of support/encouragement
- Outstanding accuracy in work
- Positive contribution to learning
Star of the fortnight
- Display board in the ICT corridor for star of the week
- Star of the fortnight to be decided by SSN, nominations put forward
- The pupils have to be from across all year groups Yr10 – Yr13 where possible.
- Each fortnight, each staff member will give out 3 postcards to each class for excellent work – to be given to student reception to send out.
- Staff will also use their professional judgement – if they feel something outside of this deserves a postcard – complete a postcard and take to student services.
- Pupils who have achieved on or above their target grade for their summative assessments they will receive a praise letter.
- We run a coding club which will run on Wednesday week 1 only. Please click here to see the poster
- We are working behind the scene to identify and organise school trips. So watch this space
Key Stage 4 information - exam board links
Key stage 4 ICT Creative iMedia:
Key stage 4 Computer Science: