Local Businesses – we need your support!
At Cardinal Newman Catholic School we are busy growing your employees of the future. We need your help to raise their career aspirations, develop their employability skills and learn more about the exciting industries in Coventry and the surrounding areas.
Inspire young minds
Being part of our business support network will provide you with moments of great satisfaction but striving to make a difference can also be an exciting challenge! Having employers like you helping inspire young minds and transform attitudes through a range of activities and opportunities is the foundation of an excellent careers programme as set out by the Gatsby Benchmarks.
We are actively searching for local businesses or business people to become part of our business support network and potentially the role of business advisers to the school.
Ways to support:
- Be part of our Year 10 world of work week and them structure their CV’s
- Get involved in extracurricular clubs and activities
- Give an aspiring talk based on your industry or job role
- Run a hands on workshop with activities relating to your area of expertise
- Be part of our discussions about pathways after school e.g. apprenticeships
- Help champion specific issues and challenge barriers in the workplace around gender stereotyping, disability and further issues
- Help bring a subject lesson to life by linking it to your industry
- Offer a work experience placement for students are your business premises
What to expect:
By getting involved you will not only be supporting future workforce development and helping to broaden the minds of our students. You will also be developing new skills for your staff, forging community links and building a positive profile for your company.
Our careers leader is Sarah Scanlon and can be contacted on email@example.com if you would like to get involved and help support the students in their future.