WHAT IS PUPIL PREMIUM?
The Pupil Premium is allocated to schools based upon the number of students who :
- Are eligible for Free School Meals
- Have claimed Free School Meals in the last 6 years
- Are in Local Authority care and have been so continuously for more than six months
- Are part of Service families
At Cardinal Newman Catholic School we believe that all children are ‘Made For Greatness’. Our intention is to work with students and parents and to efficiently utilise resources to ensure that all students reach their full potential. We want every student to know that a Disadvantaged designation does not hamper future life chances and socio/economic well-being, regardless of their background.
We believe in creating a culture of opportunity so every student can be successful. As part of this we pledge the following:
We pledge to provide support and opportunities so that students can overcome any barriers to academic success.
We pledge to support their personal development and future aspirations through an engaging career programme and our personal development enrichment, ‘Passport To Greatness’
We pledge to support the wellbeing of students through targeted inventions, mentoring, welfare support. To ensure students are prepared not just for school but for the world we live in.
Holiday Activities and Food (HAF)
What is the Christmas HAF offer or ‘Festive Fun 2021’?
The offer has three key components:
• Multi-activity clubs – these include a wide range of activities including sports, games, music, arts and creative activities and take place at Coventry schools, community centres and CVLife leisure centres.
• Experiences – these include: the Pantomime at Belgrade Theatre, Coventry City football matches, Go Ape at Coombe Abbey, Ice Skating, Wasps Rugby matches, Winter Wonderland experiences and Christmas Banquets.
• Holiday Hampers – a selection of free Cook at Home packs providing kitchen cupboard basics and tasty recipes for families to try at home.
How can you find out more about the Christmas HAF offer?
To raise your awareness of the Christmas HAF Festive Fun 2021 offer, please:
• Watch the 90 second promotional video - Festive Fun 2021
• Read through the attached booklet and
• Google “Coventry HAF”.
Find out more?
Please go to the web page: https://www.coventry.gov.uk/haf
to find out more and downlad the brochure
How to book?
You need your unique HAF code (start “HAF” and then has 3 characters, numbers and letters). Your HAF code is at the top right corner of the letter you will have received in the post, and you’ll need this to book activities. If you have not received your letter by 22 November, please contact a member of the customer contact team for assistance. If you do not have access to the internet, you can call 08085 834333 where our customer contact team will be happy to assist.