Employment rate in Coventry: 73%
Number of full-time jobs in Coventry and Warwickshire: 318,000
Number of part-time jobs in Coventry and Warwickshire: 151,000
Cardinal Newman Catholic School is committed to providing high quality Careers, Education, Information, Advice and Guidance (CEIAG) to help inspire students to enable them to make rational informed career decisions. Cardinal Newman School aims to meet all eight of the Gatsby Benchmarks.
At Cardinal Newman School we would like all subject areas to do the following:
- Have a prominent display that links subject learning and skills development to different careers
- Develop links with businesses and organisations
- Invite alumni and other external speakers to come into school
- Record careers learning opportunities for students in schemes of learning
- Take part in whole school ‘Careers Days’ where all teachers start their lesson with a career’s focus, such as talking about their careers pathway of showing a short video clip with jobs linked to their curriculum area
- Explore the possibility of developing real projects/challenged for students with local businesses or organisations
- Consider the needs and interests of all students and ensure this information challenges stereotyping including gender, ethnicity and disability.